Hemp and Pony Beaded Bracelet - Project #79
Time: 1-2 Class Periods
Pony Beads in assorted styles and colors
Colored Pencils or Markers (optional)
Make your own bracelet with hemp and pony beads!
Step 1Cut a 6 ft. length of hemp. In the middle (so that on either side there are equal lengths), tie a knot to make a loop slightly larger than a pony bead.
Step 2To start beading the bracelet, thread the first hemp strand through three pony beads and then thread the other strand through the pony beads in the opposite direction. Pull hemp strands to tighten the row. Make sure to keep beads centered under the knot.
Step 3Continue to thread three beads per row, as explained in Step 2, until you have finished the desired amount of rows. A bracelet for a child will be approximately 13-15 rows, a teenager's bracelet will be approximately 16-18 rows, and an adult bracelet will be approximately 19-22 rows.
If you want to make a specific pattern, you can print and color in the squares of this bracelet template with colored pencils or markers. Then use the template as your guide when stringing each row.
Step 4Once all rows are completed, thread both strands of hemp though a single bead, see Figure 1. Then take each strand of hemp around the bead and through it in the same direction to create loops on the bead, see Figure 2.
Step 5Knot the hemp and cut of any excess to finish the bracelet. Use the loop and single bead as a toggle closure.
- Pepperell Hippie Hemp - 48 lb. (PYR-HEMS06)
- The Beadery Black Pony Bead Value Pack (TB-89961)
- The Beadery Crayon Colors Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91719)
- The Beadery Neon Pony Bead Value Pack (TB-82372)
- The Beadery Opaque Pony Bead Value Pack (TB-82268)
- The Beadery Pastel/Jelly Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91892)
- The Beadery Pearl Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91890)
- The Beadery Pearlescent Pony Bead Value Pack (TB-82269)
- The Beadery Sparkle Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91699)