Pony Bead & Chenille Stem Halloween Spider - Project #9
Time: 1-2 Class Periods
Chenille Stems (Pipe Cleaners)
Create a cute OR creepy Halloween spider, with simple materials - Chenille Stems and Pony Beads! This project also has an instructional video available!
Step 1Twist two Chenille stems together at the center point.
Step 2Bend the Chenille stems so all of the pieces face the same direction.
Step 3String four beads on each piece of Chenille stem.
Step 4Shape abdomen into ball and then twist the stems together twice.
Step 5Gather two stems together and string three beads onto the two stems. Repeat with the other two stems.
Step 6Twist the stems together.
Step 7Gather two stems together and wrap them around the other two stems to form the spider’s head.
Step 8Add eye beads to last two stems.
Step 9Wrap the rest of the last two stems around the spider’s head.
Step 10Select two additional stems and cut them in half to make four pieces. Fold all four pieces in half.
Step 11From the underside, insert a leg stem in front of first bead. Then loop it through and around the center space.
Step 12Pull stems to tighten.
Step 13Repeat Steps 11 & 12 to add the other three joints.
Step 14Shape legs and pose the spider to finish.
- Creativity Street Cotton Super Stems (C-717001)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Chenille Stem 100-Count Assortment (C-711001)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Chenille Stem Individual Colors - Black (C-711003)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Chenille Stems Class Pack (C-911001)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Chenille Stems Hot Colors (C-711004)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Chenille Stems Multicultural Colors (C-711021)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Sparkle Stem Class Pack (C-911601)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Sparkle Stems (C-711601)
- Creativity Street Jumbo Striped Chenille Stems (C-716001)
- The Beadery Crayon Colors Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91719)
- The Beadery Pastel/Jelly Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91892)
- The Beadery Pearl Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91890)
- The Beadery Sparkle Bead Mix Extravaganza Box (TB-91699)