Vasarely-Inspired Op Art - Project #203
Time: 1-2 Class Periods
9x12" Drawing Paper or Colored Pencil Paper
Circle Template or Compass
Ruler or T-Square
Step 1Cut a 9x12" piece of Strathmore 400 Series Colored Pencil Paper down to a 9x9" square. Using a pencil and ruler, draw a 1/2" or 1" square grid on the paper. Using a circle template and a ruler, draw circles and squares in your desired pattern inside the grid.
Step 2Use warm, popping colors to fill in part of each section of the grid.
Step 3Use cool, receding colors to fill in the rest of the grid.
- Helix Angle & Circle Maker (HEL-36002)
- Helix Circle Ruler (HEL-36001)
- Jolly Supersticks Colouring Pencils 12-Color Set (JOL-229566)
- Jolly Supersticks Colouring Pencils 24-Color Set (JOL-229580)
- Jolly Supersticks Colouring Pencils 36-Color Set (JOL-229955)
- Jolly Supersticks Colouring Pencils 48-Color Set (JOL-107345)
- Strathmore 400 Series Colored Pencil Pads - 9x12 (STR-4779)