Time: 1 Class Period
Cleanup: Soap & Water
Cleanup: Soap & Water
9x12" Construction Paper in Red, Green, White and Sky Blue
Roylco My First Stencil Set
White Glue or Glue Sticks
- Step 1To complete this project, you will need 4 colors of 9x12" construction paper: sky blue (or light blue), green, red and white. Cut the green sheet in half to 4-1/2 x 12". Cut the red and white sheets in half to 9x6". You will use the entire 9x12" sheet of sky blue as the background.
- Step 2Cut a 1x12" strip off the green sheet. Using a ruler, draw a line about 1/4" in from the bottom edge of the 12" long side (1). With marker, color the area below the line brown (2). Above the line, draw green grass strips (3). Use scissors to fringe the grass strips, being careful not to cut past the line (4).
Watch our YouTube Video to see this step in real time, and watch the cow take shape!
- Step 3Using the Roylco's My First Stencil set, trace the barn and silo on the red sheet of paper.
- Step 4Flip the stencil over and trace the other side of the barn.
- Step 5Add details to the barn. Our barn has a dark roof, doors, a window and wood grain. The silo also has curved sides and a roof.
- Step 6Glue the larger green sheet to the bottom of the blue sheet. Place the barn on top and glue in place.
- Step 7Using craft sticks, create a fence and glue in place.
- Step 8Trace the cow on the white sheet.
- Step 9Move the stencil over a little bit and trace the legs again to create the legs in the background.
- Step 10Draw lines to complete the cow's legs, tail, stomach and head. We added hooves, eyes, a muzzle and nostrils, too. Color the cow.
- Step 11Draw a few clouds in the empty white space, then cut out the clouds and the cow.
- Step 12Glue the clouds to the background, on either side of the barn. Glue the cow in place, on top of the fence. To finish, attach the grass strip to the bottom edge of the green sheet, overlapping the hooves if necessary. Curl the grass strips down for a 3D look.
- Creativity Street Woodcrafts Craft Sticks - Regular, 1000-Count (C-377501)
- Roylco My First Stencil Set (ROY-58633)
- Tru-Ray Construction Paper - 9x12", Festive Green (P-103006)
- Tru-Ray Construction Paper - 9x12", Holiday Red (P-102993)
- Tru-Ray Construction Paper - 9x12", Sky Blue (P-103016)
- Tru-Ray Construction Paper - 9x12", White (P-103026)