Time: 1-2 Class Periods
9x12" Smooth Bristol
Tissue Paper in assorted colors
Pencil or Pen
1/8" Hole Punch
Hot Glue Gun
Black Paint (optional)
Paint Brushes (optional)
Use bristol and markers to make a Chinese dragon!
- Step 1Divide one sheet of 9x12" smooth bristol as shown.
- Step 2Draw the dragon body parts inside each section.
- Step 3Color each body part with your choice of markers.
- Step 4Cut out each piece of the dragon with scissors.
- Step 5Using several colors of tissue paper, create dragon "fins" and glue each in place along the dragon's back and head, as well as his legs. Arrange all the body parts as you want them, layering the pieces as necessary. With a 1/8" hole punch, punch a hole through each piece where it connects to another piece. Attach the pieces with paper fasteners and ensure the parts can move freely. Finally, on the backside of the dragon, use hot glue to attach two 1/8 x 1/8" basswood strips to the puppet. Glue one strip on the front half and the other on the back half. We painted our strips black; but they can be left natural.
- Charles Leonard Paper Fasteners, 1/2" (CLI-2RBP)
- Midwest Products Basswood Strips, 1/8 x 1/8 x 24" (MP-4044)
- Spectra Bleeding Art Tissue 100-Count Assortment (P-58516)
- Spectra Bleeding Art Tissue 20-Color Assortment (P-58506)
- Spectra Bleeding Art Tissue 25-Color Assortment (P-59530)
- Spectra Bleeding Art Tissue Bright Colors Assortment (P-58576)
- Spectra Bleeding Art Tissue Cool Colors Assortment (P-58536)
- Spectra Bleeding Art Tissue Warm Colors Assortment (P-58546)
- Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol Pad, 9x12" (STR-3429)