Henry Moore-Inspired Sculptures - Project #104
Difficulty: Moderate to Advanced
Cleanup: Soap & Water
Henry Moore is known for his semi-abstract bronze sculptures. Use sculpture foam and metallic paints and patinas to create your own Henry Moore sculpture! This project also has an instructional video available!
Step 1Mark where you want to keep the base and don't carve that part of the foam. Use the fettling knife and rasps to begin shaping and removing pieces of the foam. Cover table or place the foam brick in a plastic tray to contain the dust and pieces of foam.
Step 2Continue carving and shaping the foam with the wire tool.
Step 3Smooth surface and brush off excess dust.
Step 4Finish with Magic Metallic paint colors of your choice. Spritz on patinas while paint is still wet. Allow the paint to dry. Add additional layers of paint and patinas. Let it dry.
Optional Tip 1Seal paint with a sealer or matte medium.
- Green Sculpture Foam by FloraCraft - 2-3/4 x 3-7/8 x 7-7/8 Brick (CFC-DF40G)
- Kemper #2 Double-Wire End Tool (KEM-D2)
- Mayco Magic Metallic Paints & Patinas - 6-Piece Set (CLR-MMKT18)
- Nuisance Dust Mask by SAS Safety (SAS-2985)
- Richeson Fettling Knife (J-400303)
- Richeson Steel Rasp (J-210416)
- Scheewe Paint Atomizer (MW-S8200)
- Standard Safety Goggles by SAS Safety (SAS-5101)