Amazing Mazes Project
Time: 2-3 Class Periods
Black Pen or Marker
Learn how to create your own maze. This project also has an instructional video available!Click here to print a PDF of this project
- Step 1Gridded paper is terrific for drawing mazes. For a simple maze, use 4x4 grid paper. For a more complex maze, use 8x8 grid paper. With a pencil, draw a start and finish box for your maze on a piece of grid paper. Draw a path from the start box to the finish box. Leave some spaces open for gateways to more paths.
- Step 2Trace over the path with a black pen or fine point marker.
- Step 3Using the open spaces, pencil in more paths, making sure they finish in dead ends.
- Step 4Continue filling the open spaces with more paths.
- Step 5Trace over the false paths with the pen or marker. Your maze is now ready to solve!
- Step 6Make a photocopy and use a brightly colored marker to fill in the solution path.