Felted Beads - Project #152
Time: 1-2 Class Periods
Wool in assorted colors
Use different colors of wool with a little soap and hot water to make your own felted beads!
Step 1Choose desired colors, then fluff and arrange the wool fibers into a ball shape.
Step 2In a bowl, mix approximately 1/2 tsp. of dishwashing detergent in 1/2 cup of hot water. Dip the wool fiber ball into the hot, soapy water.
Step 3Roll the ball in a circular motion until it becomes small and compact. Rinse occasionally in warm, clean water to remove excess soap.
Step 4Thread the beads with binder’s thread and needles and finish with a toggle. A bracelet takes approximately 10 beads and a necklace uses around 28. Note: This step requires adult supervision. If doing the project with young children you can simply string the beads for them.
- Colonial Paint Box Wool Assortments - Fruits & Berries (CAR-CNPBW6)
- Colonial Paint Box Wool Assortments - Misty Morning (CAR-CNPBW1)
- Colonial Paint Box Wool Assortments - Nature (CAR-CNPBW2)
- Lineco Binder's Needles (LIN-887)
- Lineco Binder's Thread (LIN-0050)
- Richeson Plastic Painting Bowls (J-400266)